As you can imagine, expanding a parking lot takes a lot of effort, time and planning. Luckily for our customers, Paveco Inc. has years of experience with commercial parking expansion in Prince William County, VA, so we know what it takes to get the job done right. Keep reading to learn a little bit more about how to successfully expand your parking lot:
- Have an inspection: Before you get ahead of yourself, you’ll want to call a professional asphalt contractor to evaluate your current parking lot situation. A contractor will tell you whether it’s fine to expand the parking lot as is, or if the pre-existing lot should be resurfaced as well. Though it will be more costly, resurfacing your current lot during expansion does offer some benefits.
- Get a few estimates: Sure, the contractor who performs your inspection could expand your parking lot. However, going with the first person you talk to isn’t always the best option. Some asphalt contractors charge more than others, and there are certainly plenty of less-than-reputable characters you should avoid. We recommend shopping around and getting a couple of different quotes for the job.
- Choose a contractor: After receiving your quotes, hire the contractor who you think is the best. Don’t just go with the company that provides the lowest rates, though. Do some research and read reviews about them online to see what other customers are saying.
- Set a time: Unfortunately, asphalt can only be laid under certain conditions. If the weather is too hot or too cold, the surface could have trouble curing, which leads to problems down the line. Though there are some workarounds, asphalt work is best performed when the outdoor temperature is around 70 degrees.
- Inform employees and customers: Though it’ll have a huge upside in the future, expanding your parking lot could cause quite a commotion in the meantime. Be sure to give everyone plenty of notice that the job is going to take place. Neglecting to inform people could lead to some unhappy customers!
What to look for in a contractor
Hiring the right contractor is the difference between successful and unsuccessful commercial parking expansion in Prince William County, VA. Look for these traits in your asphalt contractor and your project should go off without a hitch:
- Reasonable rates: When you choose Paveco Inc., you can rest easy knowing that you’ll pay a fair price for our service. On top of that, we provide free estimates for any project!
- Speedy service: If you need to expand your parking lot as soon as possible, then we’re your go-to contractor. As long as the weather cooperates, we can have your parking lot done quickly and efficiently.
- Quality work: Just because we finish quickly and don’t charge an arm and a leg doesn’t mean we don’t do excellent work! We guarantee your parking lot will look great and will stand the test of time.
Whether you’re thinking about expanding your current parking lot or building a new one, hire our team at Paveco Inc. Nobody beats our prices or level of experience when it comes to commercial parking expansion in Prince William County, VA!
Categorised in: Commercial Parking Lots