Signs Your Commercial Parking Lot Needs Repairs
A professionally-installed parking lot can last for years or even decades without needing to be replaced. However, it’ll likely need repairs now and then to look its best. The good news is that knowing when to make repairs doesn’t need to be a guessing game! As long as you know what to look for, it’s fairly obvious when your parking lot needs some professional attention. This post will cover a few of the top signs that it’s time for commercial parking lot repair in Prince William County, VA:
- Pooling water: Properly installed parking lots are designed to allow rainwater to flow harmlessly off the surface and off to the grass on the sides of the lot. If your lot was installed poorly or has sustained damage, you may notice pooling water after rainstorms. We recommend hiring a professional to inspect your lot—this pooling water problem won’t go away on its own and will lead to significant problems down the road.
- Cracks: Due to UV rays and temperature fluctuations, an asphalt parking lot is bound to crack over time. But that doesn’t mean those cracks should be ignored. Those tiny hairline cracks will grow longer and wider as time goes on. We advise hiring a team for commercial parking lot repair in Prince William County, VA as soon as you notice cracks in your parking lot.
- Potholes: The longer cracks go unaddressed, the greater the chance that they turn into potholes. It’s important that you hire a professional to fix any potholes right away. These imperfections will only grow wider and deeper the longer they go unaddressed.
Why is it important to make repairs?
Never turn a blind eye to the signs mentioned above! These are a few reasons to hire a paving contractor in Prince William County, VA at the first sign of trouble:
- Appearance: A parking lot that’s full of potholes and cracks reflects poorly on your business and may lead to a loss of revenue. To ensure you’re putting your business’s best foot forward, hire a professional to repair and maintain your parking lot. You’ll be amazed at how this small step can preserve your image and help retain customers.
- Safety: Trips, falls, twisted ankles, popped tires and bent rims are all possible if your parking lot is riddled with cracks and potholes. To avoid injuries and damage to vehicles, make parking lot repairs as soon as you notice problems with the surface.
- Long-term savings: Having cracks, potholes and other imperfections repaired isn’t always an inexpensive job. However, it’s much more affordable than waiting until your lot needs to be completely repaved. Make repairs as soon as possible, and you’ll save a fortune in the long run.
Parking lot problems? Call our team
Whether you have a few cracks that need to be patched up or your parking lot needs to be totally resurfaced, call our pros at Paveco Inc. With over 60 years of industry experience, we’re the best paving contractor in Prince William County, VA when it comes to tackling all sorts of commercial asphalt paving projects.
Categorised in: Paving Services