Repaving your driveway or other asphalt areas on your property is a significant financial investment. For this reason, it’s important to make sure you obtain the services of a paving contractor in Nokesville, VA that you can trust to get the job done right.
Here are some issues to consider that will help you find the right contractor for your job:
- Insurance: You should only work with paving companies that are insured. If you suspect the quote provided by a contractor is unusually low, this could very well be because the contractor does not carry insurance. If you choose a contractor that does not have insurance, you could very well be liable for any accidents that occur on the job, meaning claims would be against your homeowner’s insurance policy.
- Equipment and crew:A typical crew for a paving job is six to eight workers. They should have all the equipment necessary to lay the asphalt down correctly, at the proper temperature and at the proper grade. This crew should be made up of experienced workers who are capable of performing all types of paving jobs in a variety of conditions.
- Quotes:Any contractor you decide to work with should be able to provide you a reasonably accurate quote to give you an idea of the price you’re looking at for the job. The contractor should also be able to tell you exactly what goes into that quote and why your job will cost what the company says it will.
- References and reviews:Be sure to do your due diligence in researching the background of paving companies and contractors. Look up reviews online at sites like Google Reviews, Angie’s List and Yelp. Go to the Better Business Bureau and see what the company’s standing is with the agency. Perhaps best of all, ask friends, family and neighbors who have recently had their driveways repaved and get tips and references from them. Don’t just trust the word of the company—get the insights of people who have actually worked with them before you decide to spend the money on the project.
- Do not pay deposits:Reputable paving contractors will not ask you to make a down payment for your paving project. They should have lines of credit with the suppliers of their materials that allow them to get started right away. If you pay a deposit, there’s always a chance the contractor will misuse those funds.
- Examples of work:Paving companies will likely have portfolios you can browse to get an idea of their work. They might even have jobs they recently performed in your area that you can go and check out for yourself in person. This will give you a better visual sense of the kind of work you can expect out of the paving company.
- Materials:Make sure you work with a contractor that uses only high-grade asphalt materials. Low-quality asphalt can result in an ugly paved surface that does not last as long as it should.
Contact a paving contractor in Nokesville, VA at Paveco Inc. for more information.
Categorised in: Paving Contractor